There are many advance settings that you will need to manage for your Linksys wifi routers. obviously you will need to access the Linksys router login page and then you will able to access these advance settings for your device. One advance settings that you will need to reflect for your Linksys wifi router is managing the DHCP reservations. Using the DHCP reservations for your Linksys router setup you will able to assign a unique IP address to the devices that are connected within your network. You can assign the unique IP address to your devices like your printer and camera devices.
For making the DHCP reservation settings for your device you can either access the Linksys router login page from remote location or you can also access the Linksys wifi router from any local computer. If you want to access the Linksys router from remote location then you can use http:// linksyssmartwifi.com Linksys connect account.
Here are the Steps you Will Need to Follow
- Access Linksys router login page using the web browser at your computer system.
- Fill the login user name and password for your Linksys router login access.
- After making login for your Linksys router setup page you can go for the “Setup” tab.
- Go for the “Basic Setup” option.
- There you will find “DHCP Reservations” option so go for that tab.
- From the given list you can choose the device you want to set for the static IP address.
- You can now specify the IP address and the subnet mask for the device you have choose from the list.
- Make sure to click on the “Save” button and save the settings you have made.
These are the simple steps you can follow so that you can make the DHCP reservations for your devices connected within your Linksys wifi router network. You can make all the required settings like firmware update, admin login detail settings and parental controls after making the login for your Linksys wifi router. Make sure to save all the settings you have make using the “Save” button at your computer screen.